Thursday, October 6, 2011

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, tail light probs!! HELP!?

I am having a problem with my tail lights at night. When I brake the tail lights shut off, instead of brightening up. I have tried changing the bulb, fuse, and the brake sensor and neither of those worked. Can someone tell me what the problem may be? And does anyone have any information on the wiring on this vehicle? Thanks!
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, tail light probs!! HELP!?
Check for voltage and ground in the sockets while the brake pedal is pressed. Possible ground issue/broken wire. There must be 12V at the sockets and a ground from them.



Be sure the bulbs are in correctly too.



See link. Good Luck.
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, tail light probs!! HELP!?
Going through this problem right now as well. It's common with this year make and model. I messed with it for a while and finally broke down and brought it to the dealer. They told me that I needed new tail lights. I did notice that there were corrosion inside the casings, cleaned them a number of times but just continued to have the same problems. They offered to install the new lights but they were selling each light for $160.00 so I went online and found them for $70.00 each. Waiting for them now and hopefully it will solve the problem. They're nice cars when they are working but keeping them that way can be a challange. Hope this helps.



http://www2.partstrain.com/store/index.php?Ntt=Tail%20Light%26amp;N=1557+4294967264+11921