Thursday, October 6, 2011

2001 Cavalier tail light problems?

My Passenger brake/turn signals keep going out on me. The only way im getting around is buying and replacing the bulb every week or so. Ive replaced my socket, got a new flasher and changed all my fuses. I dont have a clue what it is. Its only the rear passenger tail light thats doing this. The bulbs are either no longer working, or they are getting fried. Help please ive gotten 2 warnings and a ticket already because this stupid junk.
2001 Cavalier tail light problems?
it actually might be the wiring system in the tail light shorting out which could cause it to be blowing like that another thing you can do is just take it to the chevy dealer and have them fix it but i used to drive a cobalt and its the same thing its a chevy there pieces of crap haha but hope it helps
2001 Cavalier tail light problems?
I'd say you may have a bad socket or leaking tail light assembly. If it's leaking, water can get in on a hot tail/brake/turn light bulb and cause it to burn out prematurely. If the socket is bad, it could be shorting out and causing the problem.
I had a similar problem and had to pull steering wheel and replace the turn signal control wire harness The only light that was working for me was the third light (brake light) in back.