Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why are both my tail lights not working ?

Hello, I have a 1993 Lexus LS400 and both tail lights stopped working about 5 days ago. I checked the fuses and they're all good, and I also changed all the bulbs so its not the bulbs. My break lights still work and my turn signals and my license plate light all still work, but when I have my headlights on my tail lights don't turn on so I can't drive at night, especially since I already received a Fix It Ticket. But yea, any suggestions of what I can do to get this fixed?
Why are both my tail lights not working ?
You shold check the alternator or the battery because when your headlights are turned on it could be draining the required energy to light up all of your lights at the same time from either one of these two things. Hope this was helpfull.



MTR

Marco
Why are both my tail lights not working ?
call the ambulance.
first you can get the fix it ticket taken care of during the day so they will not know it doesnt work with the head lights on. then i suspect a crossed wire or short. were you moving or carrying anything in the trunk that could have damaged the wire for the lights.
Recheck the fuses first off. You are looking for a fuse marked Parking lamps. I think the lexus has a breaker under the hood for parking lamps also, but I might be mistaken. Try turning just your park lamps on and check your front park lights to see if they are working, as well as side marker lamps. As a last resort before going to a service center, recheck the tail lights. Sometimes brake and turn signals bulbs are seperate from park lights. I know I have replaced the wrong bulb before with a similar problem.