Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tail Light/ Parking Light Toyota 1989 Corolla stays on?

I drive a 1989 Toyota Corolla. I changed the rear brake light bulb 2 days ago and the fuse for that light and it was fine.



Today, the rear light wont turn off. When I brake, the light is on yet the brake light does not light up. Even if the car is off and I am parked and all the light turned off that rear light is on. I do not want to kill the battery so I actually take out the bulbs since it鈥檚 the only way to have the light offs. Please let me know what you think? Thanks!
Tail Light/ Parking Light Toyota 1989 Corolla stays on?
they are all very good answers also if you have an aftermarket alarm system the relay in the module could be stuck in the on position seen it before good luck
Tail Light/ Parking Light Toyota 1989 Corolla stays on?
Myself and my friend had '87 and an 88 corolla that had the same problem and we resolved it by adjusting the brake light switch under the pedal. some are adjustable in older models.
sounds like it is your break light switch/sensor behind the brake padel has gone bad replace it and it will go off if it was bad had that problem with a few cars i have owned
remove the bulb and reinsert the opposite way - there are two small %26quot;dots%26quot; on the side of the bulb, one closer to the filament and the other further away, the bulb may just be in the wrong way (look inside the socket to see which slot for the dot is higher than the other)
  • software
  • software
  •