Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lights in the rear, and dash of my vehicle stopped working. Help please!?

I was changing a tail light that was burnt out on my 03 Astro van yesterday and I am positive I used the correct bulb. When I started the van after reinstalling the light cover none of the lights on the rear of the vehicle worked except for the brake lights. No blinkers, running lights or reverse lights. The lights in my dash also stopped working, but the radio works fine. I checked my fuses and everything looks fine. What could the problem be?



Thanks!
Lights in the rear, and dash of my vehicle stopped working. Help please!?
fuse problem, your taillights and dash lights are on the same fuse.
Lights in the rear, and dash of my vehicle stopped working. Help please!?
could be an earth problem
You blew the fuse. That's why the dash lights go out with the tail lights. So you don't drive for years not knowing your tail lights aren't working.



Check all fuses with an ohm meter or test light to be sure.
Dash and taillights are on the same circuit.

Recheck you fuses. Find the fuse that controls this circuit. Change it anyway. Gut tells me that is where your problem is. Sometimes a fuse can be bad and not be readily seen by simply looking at it.
It could be a ground problem. or a fuse. your dash and taillights are on the same circuit. if your normally on a dirty/dusty road or a rough road one of your grounds could have lost connection when you removed your light assembly.