Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What is causing my tail lamp to malfunction?

I own a 99 accord ex coupe. Sometimes the tail lamp sensor goes off on the dashboard when I press the brakes and I notice that 1 of the tail lamps doesn't change when the brake is pressed (however it does turn on when I switch the headlights on). Other times everything works fine and there is no problem. All of the tail lights work perfectly when i turn the switch on for the headlights. When I press the brakes (with the headlights still on) the faulty tail lamp remains as if I hadn't pressed the brake. Again what confuses me is that this only occurs some of the time; with no apparant pattern other than when I press the brakes. I checked the brake fluid and it is at the proper level.
What is causing my tail lamp to malfunction?
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the taillamp and brake lamp may use the same bulb...some bulbs have 2 filaments and that is the first thing I would check. Then you can start searching for open circuits in the wiring if that is not the case.
What is causing my tail lamp to malfunction?
you have a short somewhere, do you have a custom stereo? if so this can be a major cause. Your remote wire for your stereo is tied into your lights. I would start there..if no custom stereo, i am guessing it is in your dash somewhere. prob your steering column.
you got a bulb gone bad in it there are a lot of bulbs back there one is for the park light ,,that's the one your seeing when you turn the lights on,,you need to get to them and replace the one for the other one,,it may just not be making contact real good,you might be able to clean it real good and it work,,but id replace it while i had it out,,replace any bulb that has a blackish look to them,,there getting ready to blow if they have that blackish look to them,,good luck hope this help,s.
The tail lamp bulb may be loose or corroded in the socket, or there may be a problem with the wiring.
check bulb then socket then wiring.
check groung wire behind tail light
  • going to release
  • cope with a cheating
  •