Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Neither tail lights or brake lights work 87 volvo 240 wagon?

I am trying to get the tail lights and brake lights to work on my 87 volvo 240 wagon. I have changed the fuses, checked the connections, and checked for damaged wires in every area I can get to them. Does anyone know where a wiring diagram to the taillights could be located? Any ideas on what I should try from here?
Neither tail lights or brake lights work 87 volvo 240 wagon?
Have you checked to see if there is actually power at the connection? Get a voltage meter and hook one wire to a good metal ground and then use the test probe to check the connection wires. If you find that there is power there, then it is most likely a ground somewhere that is bad or loose.



That is generally the case with Volvos.



If you have power to the connector, all you have to do is to figure out which wire is the ground and ground it directly to the chassis.