Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brake lights don't work for 1995 chevy luma, but tail light works?

changed blub it's fine
Brake lights don't work for 1995 chevy luma, but tail light works?
Your socket better known as a pigtail which the bulb fits in may be shorted out try replacing that or your fuse locating in your fuse panel. Your last resort is the brake switch located behind your pedal maybe stuck.
Brake lights don't work for 1995 chevy luma, but tail light works?
check brake fuse

check brake switch located on your brake pedal
I had that problem with a 98 Ford Mustang. The problem was with the connection at the break pedal. One of the connections had frayed off and that was the end of the brake lights.
I had the same thing happen to me in my 95 Lumina several years ago. You need some electrical work done. Take it to a shop you trust.
2 element bulb does your turn signals work? if they don't change the bulb if they do check the brake switch and fuse
I had the same problem to my GMC Savana. After I've changed few bulbs, finally I found the problem. There is a loose wire (where the bulb comes in), so all what you have to do is to check 'em out.

At least that was the problem with my van...
brake switch