Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do i fix my brake lights on my 1992 Toyota Camry LE?

I have already changed all my tail lights and Headlights. The center light only works when i press the brake, but when I turn on my headlights the back lights come just not the brake lights. Need help before i get a ticket!
How do i fix my brake lights on my 1992 Toyota Camry LE?
Since the center light comes on that means the brake light switch is working. And you said you alreAdy replaced the bulbs so it must be a wiring problem. Either a bad ground or power going to the light sockets
How do i fix my brake lights on my 1992 Toyota Camry LE?
I just replaced mine on my ford explore. Not the same car but look at your lights and if you have a trunk open it and loosen any screws holding the red plastic over the bulb. you may not need to take the red cover off and just be able to reach in to the back of your trunk and see wires going into the general area turn it and pull gently. then remove bulbs and replace
If the brake lights don't come on when you press the brake pedal, check under or next to the brake pedal for the switch and it can be adjusted.