Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Audi A4 tail lights are too bright?

I'm not sure if this is the right section to put this in or not but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro and when I have my lights on the tail lights are really really bright when I'm just running. It looks like I am stepping on my breaks. I don't know what to do about it either!



I've asked the Audi dealer to check it out and they said it's normal...but I really don't think it's normal when people who are following you call you and ask why you're riding your breaks when you're not.



Does anyone know what I can do to make them less bright?

Maybe changing a light bulb, messing with the wiring or maybe getting black tail lights? Any input is appreciated.



Thanks.
My Audi A4 tail lights are too bright?
Well, this is going to sound silly but check anyway. You're car probably has rear fog lights. Very common in Europe, and now starting to annoy people here. Very useful in actual fog, murder in normal conditions. I'm not sure where the switch is in an Audi, but in my Mercedes and in Jaguars, it's just another pull on the headlight switch. It's often just one side that has the light, but on my Mercedes, it's both.
My Audi A4 tail lights are too bright?
You can black out the lights with either the tinted film or the spray. It will keep in a bit of the light and looks good.
Have a friend stand behind the car at night. Turn your lights on. Apply the brake. If your friend notices an obvious difference in brightness you are OK. If there is no difference, have the dealer check your brake light switch.