Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I changed the alternator in my toyota rav4 and now the tail and dash lights dont work?

please help me...i have a 1996 toyota rav4 and i replaced the alternator and now the tail lights, brake lights, and dash lights are not working:( does anyone have any idea on what the problem is? also do you know where i could find the fuse panel in this car? THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! have a wonderful dayy!!
I changed the alternator in my toyota rav4 and now the tail and dash lights dont work?
Change the fuse. These blow often in Toyotas.
I changed the alternator in my toyota rav4 and now the tail and dash lights dont work?
There is a blown out fuse. Look in a good repair manual to locate all the fuse boxes in your car.
Designers purposely put the tail lights and dash lights on the same fuse, because you could drive for weeks or months without KNOWING the tail lights are out. With the DASH lights out, you fix the problem quickly.



Replace the fuse.
Surely it is the fuse blown out. Just have a look on the driver's seat on the right hand side, you will notice a flapper about 3%26quot;x3%26quot; pull it out softly, you will see a diagram of all the fuses. Take it out fuses one by one, the once blown off will be easily visible with naked eye. Change it and you will be alright. Good luck.If it does not work, check the earth wire, possibly it is not tightened properly.