Friday, September 23, 2011

Will my tail light pass ?- Vehicule inspection - Ontario?

I've just moved from Nova Scotia to Ontario and I am now proceeding to my plate changes - Like in NS i do have to proceed to a vehicule inspection but here's my worry:



One of my rear tail light is slightly broken - Although there is no visible %26quot;white%26quot; light, when i got inspected in NS the matter was taken care of my the garagist who simply put a bit of red tape on it. It really isnt a big thing - but i can't afford changing a whole light cap right now.



Will this cause a problem with my Ontario inspection ?
Will my tail light pass ?- Vehicule inspection - Ontario?
That red tape is meant for a temporary patch, it doesn't replace a lens, and it doesn't allow as much light to come through. It may pass, but it shouldn't, and it shouldn't have passed in Nova Scotia either. Don't be so cheap. Go to a U-Pick yard and buy a used lens, it will be a lot less than a new one. If you can't afford a lens, how can you afford to own a car? How could you afford to move? How can you afford gas? As an insurance broker, I don't have a lot of empathy for people that don't properly repair safety items.
Will my tail light pass ?- Vehicule inspection - Ontario?
I wouldn't think so, since there's no white light showing. But I'm not for sure.
HIS QUESTION IS ABOUT CANADA AND NOT THE UNITED STATES SO THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION THAT WAS NOT ASKED FOR UCANTCME
IN THE U.S. ANY CRACKED LENS THAT TAPE IS USED ON WILL NOT PASS INSPECTION, I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.