Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I change the Tail Light Bulb on my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix?

Take it to Autozone or Advance Auto (or most parts places). They will check it and replace what bulb you need. The part will cost you but the checking and replacing is free.
How do I change the Tail Light Bulb on my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix?
I am guessing, open up the trunk, you should have access panels to get you to the taillight assembly. ( a couple black twisty looking things). You will need to remove the panel from inside of rear of the trunk, Usually you turn the socket a quarter turn and then pull it out.. Look at it, if its burnt, usually it will be dark, or you will see the broken filament.. If you dont see either, remove the bulb and stick it back in, possibly you just have a badd connection.. if it is bad I would take it woth you to make sure the parts store gives you the right one.
How do I change the Tail Light Bulb on my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix?
Brake light, or turn signal?



Brake light, get a brick to put on the brake pedal.



Running lights turn them on



Turn signal turn them on.



Find out which ones is not working. Every G.M. I owned in over 40 years had twist out bulbs from the socket.



Every car/truck i have owned had twist out bulbs from the socket. The bulbs all had contact tips that only allowed one way for the bulb to screw in.



Take the bad bulb to a auto parts store to get a new one. The can read the part number or tell by the bulb.