Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have a 1996 pontiac grand am -I have no turn signal, dashboard light, brake light, or tail lights?

I tried changing the fuse. The only fuse that was blown was the hazard light fuse..when I replaced, it caused the signal lights to work but it keeps popping (blowing out). I tried checking the engine fuse box to see if the lighting fuse needs to be changed but I couldn't get those fuses to come out. Does anyone know what I can do?
I have a 1996 pontiac grand am -I have no turn signal, dashboard light, brake light, or tail lights?
This is all related to a failure in the multifunction switch (also known as the turn signal switch).

When these fail,you will loose all the lights that you say.
I have a 1996 pontiac grand am -I have no turn signal, dashboard light, brake light, or tail lights?
unless you're great with electrical problems, i would suggest you taking it in to get diagnosed by a professional. plain and simple, you have a short in the system which is causing too much amperage to flow into that specific fuse which is causing it to blow. and whatever is shorting that out is probably taking power away from all your exterior lights. so unless you're up for a month's worth of headache, take it in :)
you have a short in that system causing that fuse to blow. you need to find the problem, fix it, then replace the fuse
make sure your using the right amperage fuse for ur lights