Friday, September 23, 2011

Does anyone know a way I can get my trunk open so i can change my tail lights?

the lock to my trunk is messed up and i cant figure out y my trunk realse wont work. any ideals on how to get in the trunk with minmum damage.
Does anyone know a way I can get my trunk open so i can change my tail lights?
Need the Year, Brand, and model of your car... 91 Chevy Caprice



Emailed already...

Drill out the broken lock that your key turns...

make sure you don't damage trunk lid

Once you remove the key lock you will notice a rod that goes from the key lock to the truck latch.

Use a long (small tipped) flat head screw driver to turn the latch lock.

You will be able to open and close trunk now

You will also be able to replace the lock cylinder once you have the trunk open...



Happy motoring...
Does anyone know a way I can get my trunk open so i can change my tail lights?
This might sound old school, but try sticking a credit card in the lock lever. It could push the locking mechanism up.



Or, try shorting out the electronic lever by pulling the fuse out and putting it back in rapidly.
in some cars you can pull the back off of the back seat to get into the trunk,them just flip the latch on the truck lock
Maybe remove back seat.
Fix the lock first.

Depending on the vehicle the light assembly can be removed and the bulbs then replaced, all outside.
take it to a body shop so even though the shop ppl damage it they have to fix it for ya
Get real close to the outside of the trunk lid and yell REAL loud at the guy locked in there to open the lid from the inside.



Works like a charm.